Thursday, November 27, 2014

______

Oh Salaam, I think I just got your attention there.
Well, I know we can't deny the fact that this really happens nowadays, and sadly, some of our youth suffer from this problem. I will not talk about the root of this evil but what I will share today is a story that happened during the time of the Sahabah Radiyallahu Anhum.
And from there, we can reflect, I know some people who do this, you may know too, or maybe you who reads it fights this too, so let this be a reminder for you, me and everyone else. in sha Allah.

______
We might not hear much about 'Uthman Ibn Affan Radiyallahu Anhu compared to the rest of the four rightly guided caliphs, but one of the things that will be commended of 'Uthman was his strictness on hisbah [inspection].
During his reign, he paid really much attention to the issue of hisbah, as well as delegating it to others and he himself inspected it in many fields, and one of the fields was his prohibition of alcohol because it is the mother of all evils.
It is narrated that once 'Uthman said: "Avoid alcohol, for it is the mother of all evils.
There was a man in the past who was a devoted worshipper, but a woman fell in love with him and wanted to tempt him. She sent her slave girl to him, to tell him that she was calling him to give testimony.
She went with the slave girl, who started ti close every door behind him as he entered, until he came to a beautiful woman, with whom was a boy an a vessel of wine.
She said: By Allah, I did not call you here to give testimony but I called you to have intercourse with me, or to drink a cup of this wine, or to kill this boy.
He said: Pour me a cup of this wine.
She poured a cup for him and he said: Give me more. Then he did not stop until he had intercourse with her and killed the boy.
So avoid alcohol, for by Allah faith and addiction to alcohol cannot co-exist but one of them will soon expel the other.
______
Astagfriullah. This is just a reminder of how alcohol can influence and affect a person. So avoid it.
To those that say, No it's okay, I just drink occasionally or I drink responsibly, then reflect from this story, the man wanted to drink just a cup of wine thinking he would be able to avoid having intercourse and killing the boy, but look how the "One cup, One try, just one" lured him to do?
Astagfirullah, it's not about drinking responsibly, it's being responsible enough not to drink!
______
I know a lot of the youth now are indulge in this, let us save our youth, try to approach these kids, and I pray this story, I know it's very short but wallah, this story when 'Uthman told it to his companions, the companions took it as if a mountain was placed on their backs just thinking about the burden it would give them.
And I pray this story really gives a beautiful effect and would affect those call themselves Muslim yet drink about what they are doing in their own bodies.
Astagfirullah. May Allah Azza Wa Jall forgive us all. Amin.
-Umm Umar Khaled
______
Story was taken from:
• Sunan An Nasa'i, Kitab Al Ashribah
• Mawsoo'ah Fiqh 'Uthman, p. 52
• Al Nasa'i and Al Bayhaqi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!